Friday, November 28, 2008

Ruy Lopez meets Nimzo Indian

I have already mentioned that a lot of reviewers appear to have enjoyed Leif's preface to 'The Ruy Lopez: A Guide for Black'. Yesterday I noticed a small article which connects a very well known Fischer game to a game from this introduction. While not exactly a review I allow myself to consider this piece a recommendation of our book. The blog in general seems interesting so I added it to my favorite chess links list.

As for the theoretical part, I am no expert on the Nimzo Indian but it seems that the debate on Spassky's 13.fxe5 is closed in Black's favor. However, after 13.0-0 0-0 a few strong players still seem to believe in White's chances after 14.f5 or 14.Qe1. But the main reason that there are so few recent games seems to be that White's set-up with e3 and Nf3 isn't very popular for the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
the feed of your blog was inserted successfully in the
directory of YourChess portal http://www.yourchess.net and
it will remain in home page for several days too.

We are very pleased to have (if it's possible) a crosslink
inserted in your blog site.

Best regards
Valerio Tirri
Staff of YourChess.net

Sverre Johnsen said...

Hi

An interesting concept. I will add it to my link list.